On LAKE MERCER, Mercer County Park
West Windsor, NJ
November 8, 2014
Philadelphia Frostbite Regatta is the culmination of the Autumn rowing season in the Northeast. It is a USRowing registered regatta. Medals are awarded in all events. All races are 2000 meters long on the flat, straight, Lake Mercer. Order of Events
The regatta is sponsored and supported by Pennsylvania Barge Club, #4 Boathouse Row, Philadelphia PA 19130
NOTE: Entries close at 5:00 PM Eastern Time on October 31,2014. New this year: All entries must be submitted online at RegattaCentral.com. Entries submitted via email or phone will not be accepted. All rowers and coaches will need to complete the online USRA Waiver to compete at the regatta. Instructions, registration and waiver forms can be found through these links: RegattaCentralWaivers and USRowingWaiverPortal.
MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and PayPal are accepted by RegattaCentral
Payment by check or money order:
Payable to: Pennsylvania Barge Club;
mail to: Philadelphia Frostbite Regatta,1514 Hayfield Drive, Yardley, PA 19067-1350
All inquiries may be made to Mr. Ken Shaw, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-356-7519
FEES – Eights $110.00, Fours/Quads $85.00, Doubles $50.00
- Lightweight – No rower’s weight may exceed 160 lbs. Men – 130 lbs. Women (There will be no Weigh-in.)
- High School – Any student currently enrolled in a four year secondary school.
- Master – Age 27 or older as of Regatta Day.
Note:The Regatta Committee has decided that Master races will be handicapped 2 seconds per year based on boat average age. Age is as of the regatta date. Substitutions for those entered must be made known to the Regatta Committee 24 hours prior to the race.
Limits: There will be six Entries for each Section, each Event is limited in size. Events will fill as entries with proper payment are received. Once an Event is full, additional Entries received will be placed on a waiting list. Notification will be given to all crews whose entries have not been accepted. The Regatta Committee reserves the Right to row Sections according to level of competition in those races with more than six Entries. Winners of all races will be awarded medals.
ORDER OF EVENTS
PHILADELPHIA FROSTBITE REGATTA
On the LAKE MERCER, Mercer County Park, West Windsor, New Jersey
November 8, 2014
(Note: times may change based on number of entries)
1. 8:30 AM Master Women Double
2. 8:35 AM Master Men Double
3. 8:40 AM High School Women Double
4. 8:45 AM High School Men Double
5. 8:50 AM Open Women Double
6. 8:55 AM Open Men Double
7. 9:00 – 9:21 AM High School Women Four
8. 9:28 – 10.03 AM High School Men Four
9. 10:10 – 10:31 AM College Women F/N Four
10. 10:38 – 10:59 AM College Men F/N Four
11. 11:06 AM College Women Lwt. Four
12. 11:13 AM College Men Lwt. Four
13. 11:20 – 11:35 Am College Women Four
14. 11:42 – 12:03 PM College Men Four
15. 12:10 PM Master Women Quad
16. 12:17 PM Master Men Quad
17. 12:24 PM High School Women Quad
18. 12:31 PM High School Men Quad
19. 12:38 PM Open Women Quad
20. 12:45 PM Open Men Quad
21. 12:52 – 1:20 PM High School Women Eight
22. 1:27 – 2:16 PM High School Men Eight
23. 2:23 – 2:37 PM College Women F/N Eight
24. 2:44 – 3:19 PM College Men F/N Eight
25. 3:26 – 3:33 PM College Men J.V. Eight
26. 3:40 PM College Men Lwt. Eight
27. 3:47 – 4:01 PM College Women Varsity Eight
28. 4:08 – 4:15 PM College Men Varsity Eight
Race results will be posted at the finish line within minutes after each race. Results will be posted on the Schuylkill Navy web site, and at RegattaCentralFrostbiteResults, automatically and continuously throughout the regatta.
All races will start from stake boats. Prepare your crews.
BOW NUMBERS with proper lane assignment are the responsibility of each organization, or school. The Lake Mercer course has lanes 1 to 6.